4.11.2006

Why I was gone for 2 months or How I became numb about the bomb....

After responding to the socio-political goings on for the last year or so, I grew tired of replying, it became more of a mental exercise, and a futile one at that...I, the individual, was not going to exact any change via my words...I can/could only live my life to the ideals I set for myself...my grandiose ideas of being some type of catalyst was just that, grandiose, sure it feels good to the ego when like minded people agree with your viewpoint....I was going to use the myth of Sisyphus, but the more I thought about it, it did not apply, there is no boulder, there is no movement pushing it up a hill, only to come down at the apex everytime....I, as most in this forum, are just a bunch of talking heads, complaining, and not really even moving a "grain of sand" much less a boulder...maybe this is a cry for help, maybe this is another grandiose musing of my ego that I think will capture someone attention, maybe it is just stark reality...Control is just an illusion that our oligarchy allows us to have, time to time...we live in a fascist society, our government is the opium of the people...matter of fact, all governments are the opiates of the people....there isn't any "by the people, for the people", it does not exist....as long as people starve, are homeless, not clothed, given adequate healthcare...as long as we pollute our earth to make profit...we can build a bridge to nowhere, we can plan trips to Mars, we can bomb brown people, but we can't properly educate our own nation, we can't save a dying Africa...I rephrase, it is not we "can't", it is we "won't"....it is not just the US, everyone just graviates to their own country of origin, it is the world, other nations are sitting on their hands as well...I applaud the individuals that try and intentions are sincere...yes, it does affect me, but I have grown numb to the inaneness of it all...

7 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Wow...

I feel you, but I can't give up and give in.

I have faith in America; misguided or not, and I will do what I can within the confines of my ability to push for the "right" thing.

I write to try to inspire, educate, and ask for help. I also write for my own sanity. If I were to hold on to the anger produced by our current system, I would never sleep. Instead, I get it out, press send and then snooze.

I feel something is better than nothing in these times ruled by lies and greed. But this is me, and that is you. I respect you and your opinion. I am glad this post is here.

I am equally glad it doesn't say you are going to press the big delete.

Talking heads or not, the exhange of ideas is a powerful tool. Two heads are better than one, or so they say. I like to think we are the source of real solutions. I like to think that there is someone out there with some power that reads our words and finds inspiration. A diamond in the rough so to speak.

Alas, I am and will always be an optomist.

Know this, I for one have missed you on this page, and am hoping for a full recovery of your passion in words.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Me4Prez said...

I have faith that the idea of America is still alive. We just need some Americans to die or become incapacitated.

I use my site more for therapy than anything. It keeps me from randomly cursing in public

6:34 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

You been gone for even longer now. ;-)

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

greetings,

Thank You Very Much! Your posted was too nice and very knowlegeable to me as well as
informative. Thanks for sharing this and Keep up the good work..


More power,
Bunny Mendez
Dog Bark Collars

12:40 PM  
Anonymous home exchange said...

Man, I know it can be frustrating sometimes. Well, most of the time. But the only thing that will ever effect change is discussion and awareness! Don't lose hope!! Keep it up!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear De-Center,

My name is Barbara O’ Brien and my blogging at The Mahablog, Crooks and Liars, AlterNet, and elsewhere on the progressive political and health blogophere has earned me the notoriety of being a panelist at the Yearly Kos Convention and a featured guest blogger at the Take Back America Conference in Washington, DC.

I’m contacting you because I found your blog in a prominent political and health care site search and want to tell you about my newest blogging platform —the public concern of health care. Our shared concerns include health reform, public health, and asbestos contamination.

To increase awareness on these important issues, my goal is to get a resource link on your site or even allow me to provide a guest posting. Please contact me back, I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Barbara O’ Brien
barbaraobrien@maacenter.org

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home